The Short Film International Festival Fund helps New Zealand short films and their makers get to significant film festivals.
What we fund
Grants for makers of short films that have been selected for an international film festival.
- Airfares and transfers
- Accommodation for up to five nights
- Up to $10,000 for post-production if your film needs help to meet minimum screening requirements.
Who can apply
- A short film invited to an international film festival that is on the list of recommended festivals
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
COVID-19 Travel Funding Conditions
Please note that successful recipients of any international travel funding will be required to warrant that:
- they are travelling internationally at their own health and financial risk;
- the NZFC is under no obligation to provide them any further funding or pay any costs or expenses in addition to the grant amount; and
- they will obtain and maintain all necessary and appropriate insurances for the period of travel, noting that insurance products may not fully cover all COVID-19-related events such as border closures.
How to apply
Before applying in the second half of the financial year (December–June), please contact the Talent Pathways Manager to check whether there is funding available.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Festival material – including an acceptance letter and copy of the film
- Strategy material – a written statement
- Background – including project history
- Post-production – budget for post-production costs, if applicable