The Strategic Training Fund partners with organisations to deliver effective training and skills development.
What we fund
The Strategic Training Fund is a contestable fund and is available for programmes that run from July 2023 to June 2024. These programmes should be aimed at producers, directors, writers, actors, and/or HOD’s or crew.
Applicants may apply to the Strategic Training Fund for:
- Bespoke programmes of talent and skills development that include (but are not limited to):
- Skills development training programmes;
- Development Labs (writers, directors, producers, actors);
- Mentoring programmes;
- Industry events; and
- Essential operational running and delivery costs of the proposed programmes.
This fund does not cover:
- Core operating costs of an organisation
- Costs already funded by third party financiers or investors
- Costs for capital expenditure
We encourage applications from across New Zealand that cater for specific regional developmental needs and requirements.
Who can apply
To be eligible for Strategic Training Funding, applicants must be screen sector organisations, companies and/or collectives that are registered in New Zealand. They may be, but are not limited to, organisations that have a membership, are talent development focused, that celebrate, champion and promote New Zealand talent, have a diversity and inclusion focus and/or support the development of Māori talent.
How to apply
Read the Strategic Training Fund Guidelines before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
Fund closing date is August 11.
What you need
- A short history of the organisation with links to a website if available
- Details of the types of training/ development being proposed
- Track record of the organisation and/or individuals involved in delivering the programme(s)
- Who the training/development is targeted at, including talent level (as per NZFC Talent criteria); the above the line roles within the industry; and the proposed demographics of the participants
- Where the programme(s) are based
- Proposed learning outcomes for the participants, and how many expected participants would benefit from this training
- A full breakdown of how the application meets the NZFC's goals
- A detailed budget including any other investment and income
- A full schedule of activity and key events
- Summary of how the organisation and its programme(s) supports the development of Māori talent, female filmmakers and/or diverse or underrepresented communities