The Talent Development Fund supports filmmakers to develop their career. We can fund individuals and businesses who wish to develop their talent.
What we fund
Help to cover the costs of a professional development opportunity.
We offer a grant of up to $5,000 for an individual to cover costs of:
- Attending a workshop and/or training
- Other professional and career development opportunities
You can apply many times if necessary, but you cannot receive more than the maximum amount within a 12-month period.
Who can apply
Filmmakers and screen practitioners who:
- Are working towards feature films
- Have at least three years experience in the industry
- Are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Industry organisations that have:
- A track record in delivering training opportunities in New Zealand
- Another funding provider
- Not received previous support for guild funding, diversity, or strategic training.
How to apply
Apply using our online application portal. If you have not already made an account in the portal, please do so.
For more information, please contact Talent Development Executive Nia Phipps: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need
A completed online application inlcuding:
- A personal statement outlining how the opportunity/initiative will develop your skills and career
- Career strategy outlining how this opportunity contributes towards your plans
- Description of the specific opportunity
- Confirmation that you have been accepted to take part (if applicable)
- Full CV