The New Zealand Film Commission supports the development of high impact, authentic and culturally significant films for Aotearoa New Zealand; we work to sustain and strengthen economic growth for our thriving film industry; we support the development of outstanding people, projects and businesses; we build interest and audiences for New Zealand films; and we build and grow partnerships with our stakeholders.
The New Zealand Film Commission is an industry leader that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment for the Aotearoa screen sector. We are committed to actively working in partnership with Māori, to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to appropriately embracing Te ao Māori concepts and practices in our role as an industry leader and funding provider.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and customer centric person to join our Business Technology Service team. This will be a 12-month fixed term engagement to cover parental leave. We anticipate someone being available to start early/mid-December 2023. The role will be based in Wellington.
You will be responsible for supporting our people on our digitisation journey and will help them to manage their information going forward. You will utilise your experience in environments such as SharePoint Online to develop and maintain strong Information Management (IM) practices. You will have at least three years’ experience in working within an Information Management practice and in the design, development and implementation of technology solutions within SharePoint, MS Teams and Office 365. We are looking for someone who enjoys developing new processes and systems in a diverse and interesting organisation.
You'll be part of a small, talented team tasked with supporting our applications to enable our team to work and collaborate efficiently, securely, and compliantly within today’s challenging hybrid working environment. Our work is guided by the principles of being customer-centred, making things better, working as a team, making a positive difference, and striving for excellence.
What are some of the things you will be doing:
- Be an advocate for information management and making it easy for our people to work effectively and in compliance with policy and guidelines
- Provide training to staff across our systems and applications including creating training materials and running workshops or training sessions
- Translating business and customer needs into technology solutions
- Support process improvement initiatives and change management
- Delivering SharePoint support and advice to all NZFC staff and stakeholders
What you will bring:
- A tertiary qualification, or equivalent work experience (3+ years in a similar role)
- An understanding of information and records management
- Proven experience and strong knowledge in SharePoint, MS Teams and Office 365 technology.
- Experience in developing and interpreting technical documentation and translating user requirements into reality
- Experience developing business processes and end user documentation, including training materials
- Some experience preparing data extracts and reports, Power BI reporting preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is desirable but not essential.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including an enthusiastic interpersonal style that promotes effective communication
- A strong work ethic to ensure things get done quickly, accurately, and with minimal supervision
- High standards of work including excellent time management skills
- A customer-centric attitude and a collaborative approach to resolving and implementing initiatives
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and to recognise and respect sensitive material or information
We welcome applications from all applicants who meet the relevant criteria. We select staff to join our team based on merit and with disregard to any of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origins, religious or ethical beliefs, disability, marital or family status, age or sexual orientation. Special needs of applicants will be considered when arranging interviews.
If you would like a copy of the job description, please email: Sam.Bell@nzfilm.co.nz
Please apply online here with a copy of your CV and a cover letter. Alternatively, please email your application directly to Sam.Bell@nzfilm.co.nz
Applications close on 2 November at 5pm. We reserve the right to start the interview process prior to the closing date so please ensure you get your application in early.
Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.